The global climate crisis is transforming the global economy, 这对未来的工作也有影响. 这一转变, 同时导致一些人失业和改变, also comes with a great economic opportunity: The International Labour Organization (ILO) predicts a 净增加至少1800万个工作岗位 from the transition to clean energy and an additional 7 million jobs from the circular economy.
Young people around the world will inherit the results of economic decisions being made today, and given the myriad workforce challenges and barriers already facing our youth, 尤其是那些Resources不足的国家, 他们的见解可以帮助塑造一个更光明的未来.
这就是为什么mg游戏的世界, mg游戏的工作 initiative at EDC is responding with a youth-centered approach, advancing workforce development in the new green and blue economy that prioritizes the creation of new jobs (renewable energy, 循环利用和废物回收, and electric vehicle manufacturing) and the greening of existing jobs (climate-smart agriculture, 可持续的渔业, 再生林业, 零售服务, 和制造业).
We will focus on communities 和青年 most impacted by climate change, 了解超本地劳动力市场需求, and provide relevant skills training and entrepreneurship support. We will also deepen connections between 私营部门, 教育机构, 和青年, and ensure youth are central in conversations about the future of work.
- Concentrating efforts on communities 和青年 whose environments and livelihoods are most impacted by climate change
- Understanding hyper-local labor market demands and translating national-level labor market assessments into actionable priorities at regional and local levels
- Providing relevant skills training and entrepreneurship support for youth at all skill levels
- Deepening connections between 私营部门, 教育机构, 和青年
- Ensuring youth are central in conversations between government, 私营部门, 公民社会
- Strengthening youth-led 和青年-serving organizations that can support and mentor the most underserved youth to engage in climate-responsive opportunities
- Supporting young women who are underrepresented in 阀杆 pathways and occupations